Sunday, February 19, 2012

Animation Theory

Interesting reading regarding different forms of animation. Having worked on stop-motion animations I have some experience with a mixture of orthodox and experimental animation. A project I worked on last semester had orthodox figures and orthodox narration but had a multiple of styles to get different effects and an evolution of materiality similar to how PES uses house hold items for certain things (candy corn for fire). The film had minimal dialogue (only on captions/title cards) but also had a musical element to it, since a majority of what is heard is score. This project was a slight mix of the elements addressed in the reading. I have seen some experimental animations as well, my first probably being from shows like "Kablaam!" on Nickelodeon or "Robot Chicken" on Cartoon Network. Others I have seen are short films by PES and some early animated shorts by David Lynch. I'm definitely excited to work on films in class that are similar to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment