Thursday, March 22, 2012

48 Hour ideas

I've been involved in a few video races before, so I definitely have an idea of the pacing I will need to get the actual shooting and editing done. After thinking about it I think I'm gonna use my Iphone to shoot the project. Now normally I wouldn't really think to use my Iphone for this kind of a video race, I'd rather go with something a little more unique. The reason I did choose the Iphone was because I recently got some Iphone lenses for Christmas. I have a wide angle, a fish-eye, and a telephoto. With these lenses I think i can make something really cool and unique that people wouldn't expect from an Iphone. As for basic ideas of what the film could be about, I was thinking of creating a film where it is a first person perspective of "A day in the life" of an Iphone. Still not quite sure how it would work out (and how I would fit the mystery prop into the equation) besides the POV shots form the phone. Maybe I could have two Iphones left alone together and they fall in love or maybe they fight each other or maybe they just communicate and talk shit about their human owners. Also, I was thinking about possible making a stop motion. I could use the Iphone as the "camera" and shoot it. I'm not totally sure what the premise would be as of yet but I want to have inanimate objects come to life, such as the film "Roof Sex" by PES. Also, another idea could be to make something of a spoof film, like a fake trailer or a something similar. I would still be using the Iphone, but I would add in the mystery prop and some other goofy themes to make the trailer funny. Another idea could be to make a pseudo-doc/mockumentary type of film with the Iphone such as have someone film something at a party. The person is documenting the night when something goes terribly wrong. Someone could get hurt, killed, or arrested at the party. The film would be like a short thriller. I'm getting pretty psyched about the video race. I know as the days get closer and closer to the start date I'll come up with more and better ideas. Maybe the mystery prop will help me decide what will be the best story idea to go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment